Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 07- Our Best Friends

YOU GO FIRST BIFFLE

you were rosalie.... riiiiight?

-Mallory

Yes Mallory. I was Rosalie.

When I first met Mallory, I didn't really like her all that much. Because I sat across the room from her in Seminary, and the entire time she would just giggle it up with this one guy (who I really really didn't like. really. I like, wanted him to spontaneously combust).
And then one time, we got partnered up for an activity, and I noticed that she didn't put on mascara. So her eyelashes were bright blue and powdery. I didn't want to say anything, because I wasn't sure if blue eyelashes were the "new thing" for the public school kids.
Turn out it wasn't the new thing. Mallory just skipped a major step in her morning routine.
But enough of that.
Eventually we became friends at Youth Conference.
What do I get out of this relationship?
Well, first of all, I wouldn't have met a lot of people. Like Joseph.
I wouldn't have learned that it's OK to screw up.
Also, I have learned to be a lot happier.
And not to hate ALL the guys in the world.
Also, dances can be fun.
Just kidding. Dances are still lame.
But, I must say I have had a lot more laughs at dances since I started hanging out with Mallory.
That makes it sound like I'm laughing at her dancing. Which is not what I meant.
Also, I agree with Mallory that we wouldn't have met Ed if it weren't for me, because I made her go to that chill-out.
I guess I have become a lot looser of a person. I used to be like "AH. MY NAIL CHIPPED. I'M GOING TO CUT THEM ALL OFF AND REGROW THEM TILL THEY ARE PERFECT."
I'm not like that anymore. In the words of Avril Lavigne "Chill out. Whatcha yellin for. Pipe down, it's all been said before."
Also, my appreciation of Taylor Swift has been somewhat increased.
Even though I still think her hair is fake.

What it all comes down to, is that Mallory and I are just right for each other.
She's the yin, and I'm the yang.
Our sense of humors may differ
aka Modern Family vs King of The Hill
But. Nothing can tear us apart.
NOTHING I SAY.
WE ARE INSEPARABLE.
DYNAMIC DUO.

-Sarah



Let me tell you this special story of my Best Friend.


One morning I saw this new, blonde girl sitting in my seminary class.

I thought she was pretty quiet, shy, and maybe wanted to keep to herself.

But I never felt intimidated around her, maybe just a little uncomfortable.

I was also extremely aggravated with her gum chewing.

When Youth Conference came around me and her sat by each other during the dinner (theme: twilight).

I was Bella, and She was Rosalie
Interesting how rivals from a movie are best friends in our life, right?

I remember making casual conversation with her, but it didn't feel boring.
The special part was that we both felt comfortable with each other.

During the service project, I asked her questions and got to know her better.
I grew to admire her.

Then we had sleepovers.
And did stuff together.



To be honest, I don't remember a lot about this time period.

I don't remember specifically what happened.

But I do know that we have both grown immensely.

We have spent the last couple years as Biffles.

We spend our time laughing,
creating new phrases,
talking about stuff,
about life,
and about everything,
in general.

Without her, I would probably sit alone at seminary.

Without her, I wouldn't have made friends (like Ed).

Without her, I wouldn't have gotten into lipsticks.

Without her, I wouldn't find some situations and things as humorous as they are.

Without her, I wouldn't get to share funny things with her, like spongebob.

Without her, we wouldn't have this blog.

Without her, I would probably not be as great of a person.

She helps me to be a stronger lady.

She helps keep me classy.

I am so glad I finally started talking to her that one day back a couple summers ago.

Or else, would we be best friends?



Yay for us Biffles :)

(And shame on Disney for stealing the term "biffles" and using it for Miley and Lilly on Hannah Montana).

I love you Sarah!

I see the best in you, and you help me to see the best in myself.

You are incredibly amazing.

-Mallory



No comments:

Post a Comment