Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.”

What is a Hero?

As you can guess, I googled it. And I found out some pretty interesting stuff.

The first thing that caught my eye was that there was a movie made by His Awesomeness Quentin Tarantino called Hero. The cast includes Jet Li and a bunch of less famous Asian people.

But more importantly, I found out that a hero, as Mallory's good friend Dictionary.com put it, is "a man (or woman) who has distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities".


After much thought, I would have to say my hero is Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel. You might have heard of the name Chanel, if you have any fashion education at all. This lady was a french designer whose collections changed 20th century fashion. How does she posses courage? Well, she came about in a time where the women's fashion industry was dominated by extremely feminine designs. Chanel's menswear-based designs introduced a certain "casual elegance" that, despite the fact they were scoffed at in the beginning, eventually dominated the fashion industry.

So yeah.

1 comment: