Tuesday, October 5, 2010

In Ten Years...

I have a close idea of what my life will be like.

Sorta.

I sometimes wish I could see my future.

To see what I do.
The choices I make, and who I am, and what I look like, and what I decide to do with life.

I know I want to go to college.

and swim in college.

And I would like to go on a mission.

I would also like to get married someday.

And have kids.


I also have many dreams that I would like to accomplish someday.

Like...I think it would be cool to learn how to dance.  Ballet, tap, jazz...any kind.  I also want to progress somewhere in my swimming career.  I want to be an artist.  A nurse.  A mother.  I want to go skydiving. I want to travel the world.

But I don't think I could accomplish all of that in ten years.  Maybe I could work on the part of traveling the world.  I have always wanted to go to different places and see new things.  I love vacations.

In fact...I was seriously planning to go on an exchange the second semester of this year.  But...I changed my mind.  Because of certain matters, and I just....was flighty with my thoughts.

Ok I just looked up the definition of flighty...what I actually meant is that I just was never too "sure" about whether I should go....missing swimming and home and all.

I really wanted to go to Costa Rica and learn to speak spanish fluently.  
I am considering going somewhere on exchange in college.

Wouldn't that be awesome?!



Also..I think I will still be a lifeguard in ten years.

It's a pretty nice job.


So...I think what I see myself doing in ten years is basically living my life, trying to accomplish the goals I have always set for my life.

But...whatever goals I try to accomplish then is all determined by the actions I make in the next few years.  Applying for college.  Going somewhere to college.  Swimming in college.  Going on a mission. Going on exchange.

Back to being unsure of my choices...I seem to always want to expand out of my comfort zone..like trying different sports...but I always go back to swimming..

Because I love swimming...and I have always wanted to be a better swimmer.

And the only way to become a better swimmer is by swimming.

I thought about running xc, or track, softball, gymnastics, and ballet...but swimming is where it's at.  It's what I love, where I feel comfortable, what I have been doing almost all  my life, and what I enjoy.

It's like my home plate thingimajig...someplace I can always go back to, and it'll always be available for me to do.

There you go.

My future is a bit "unsure" but I will figure it out.   I know who I am, what I love, who I love, and what my goals are.  So that should be sufficient.


-Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment