Monday, October 18, 2010

Heros

Whenever I think of a "Hero" I automatically think of Enrique Iglesias's song called "Hero."  I think that its exceptionally beautiful when he sings it in Spanish, but either way, both versions are beautiful.  In this song he talks about how he can be this girl's hero.  He says that he will stand by her forever.

So, according to Enrique, a hero is someone who is loyal, committed, loving, and romantic.

But, according to me, (Mallory) I think that a hero can be anybody who has inspired another person to feel something and put something into art or language that could not initially be expressed by the hopeful person.

A hero is often picked because a person likes the virtues and example of the leader.  Often, rebellious teenagers will claim that their hero is some super cool adult like the black guy on Rob and Big who mess around all day and do fun stuff, like skateboard.

But that is the person's inspiration, is it not?

So, in a sort of conclusion, I would like to state that my hero is my mother.

I am trying to be like her.  She has so much confidence in herself and her actions.
Over the years of her life, and consequentially because of her history, she has learned that integrity is best when never sacrificed.  She has also taught me that doubt and desire never mix.
My mother is the reason I am here today, the reason why I am who I am.

Because of her faith in herself, God, and in me, she has inspired me to become a better person every day.

Did you know that every morning she makes and packs my lunch for the day?
And Did you know that if I forget to put deodorant on, or if I forget to pack some tennis shoes for practice later, that she will bring it to me?
Did you know that she lets me drive her super awesome car?
Did you know that she has the most amazing humor ever?

She is so random, and her humor is just how I love it: weird.

Someday I will conquer and tackle all of my fears like my mother has done.  Someday I will be her.

-Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment