Thursday, November 11, 2010

What is Style?

Sometimes I totally embrace who I am, exemplified by my clothing, makeup, hair and overall style.  
Other times, I kind of fear what others think of my fashion.

In case you are wondering, this is my style:

(shabbyapple)

I love this simple, cute, and fun style.  
If it was normal to wear a dress to high school every day, and if I owned multiple cute dresses like this,

I would be able to more fully dress like who I am.

Fortunately, I am acquiring more and more cute outfits lately.

So I will be dressing like this:

(athleta)

and this:

(banana republic)


But sometimes the outfit just doesn't work out as planned.
Or it just doesn't look as cool as I wanted it to.


And that's okay.  

Life is sometimes like that...blah.


But the good thing is that I know who I am, and therefore I know how I like to dress.

I know I love not tons of jewelry, but nice, simple accents.

I love boots, boots, boots.

I love skirts that go with every one of my shirts.

I love flowy cardigans.

I have always wanted a little pair of sneakers that goes with all my outfits.

I know I would love to be a model of Shabby Apple, Banana Republic, or Fossil.

I love the color brown.  

(which is sometimes why my outfits look weird because my brown cardigan matches my brown hair, and my brown boots, and my brown tanktop.)

But the point is, sometimes I'm afraid to stick out.  

I don't want to expose my boobs to the world, neither my butt.  Like other girls in this world.  And guys.
  I would rather not have to worry about that.

I like to dress sort of conservatively, in comparison to the rest of the world.

I have a little story.  
One day, It was "dress up as your favorite teacher" spirit day at my school.

I dressed up as one of the ladies at my school...
and sadly, nobody noticed.  They just all thought it was my regular outfit.

Indeed, it was not.

In fact, in one of my previous art classes, I was told by my classmates that I dressed just like the teacher.

I was upset because her style was quite odd and eccentric.
But, who cares.

Obviously not everyone knows my true styles.

One day when I am rich, I will buy all the clothes that I want so I truly accomplish the outfits "look" I desire.


Yay : )


-Mallory

2 comments:

  1. Woah! I love that last outfit! Fabulous!

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete