Saturday, March 5, 2011

Our Dreams - Day15

I like dreams. I have always thought that dreams are either about:



a. something we fear.

b. something we secretly love.



I will share two dreams pertaining to each of those categories.



a. In my dream, I am lying in my bed. In complete and utter darkness. I hear a noise, a small noise. The noise makes my whole body shudder and I scream. My heart pounds and it's as if I completely despise this sound, as if it physically hurts me. It gets louder and louder and louder, and the thing gets closer and closer. I look for it, and off at a 45 degree angle is an animal of some sort. Maybe a giraffe, or an elephant. I am not sure. I don't remember. But that sound. UGH. I think of it now and just HATE it. It's a yell, a deep scream of some sort.



b. I can only remember one dream about something I love. For some reason, I remember the ones I despise more. In this dream, it is dark outside. And there are many people at my house, mostly on the front lawn and on our driveway. I see an old friend, and I run up to him. Then we hug. And it was not a lame side hug. But the full hug. It was a nice hug. I have always admired this guy, in almost every way. But I think I dreamt about this dream because I know it's never likely he would ever ask me on a date. It's one of the situations where I don't necessarily "like" him. But honestly want the best for him. And I know he has a heart.-Mallory





Ok, so I don't really have good dreams. They are usually insanely messed up. Either like incredibly scary or weird. Like a member of my family deciding to kill all the other members. Or my mom turning into a cannibalistic swamp monster, lusting for my blood. Anytime I have an actual "good dream", it's kind of embarassing to talk about.

So, here we go.



a. In the dream it's this guy















And he's chasing me down and endless flight of fiery stairs. And eventually, I fall. And die. I have had this dream like once a month since I was like, 5. Because that's when I watched the movie with this character in it.

For the record, this is certainly not the scariest dream I have ever had. I have had dreams that would make Steven King pee his pants. But I decided not to describe those. Also, today I imitated this dream to Mallory, and she laughed.


b. One time, I had this dream, where I took this gay guy to a Lady Gaga concert. And I was like "Maybe we can go backstage!" And after the concert was over, I got to meet Lady Gaga. And I said "This is my Gay Friend!" proudly, gesturing towards the gay guy. And Lady Gaga put her hands on the dude's shoulders and said slowly and dramatically "I AM SO PROUD OF YOU." And then I told her how much I loved her piano playing skills.

The End.
-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment